Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
You want a straight smile, to look and feel good and keep your oral health. Is orthodontic treatment possible for adults? Do you have to wear metal braces? Get your questions answered at Finksburg Dental Associates. Our team of dentists often uses Invisalign clear aligners to give teen and adult patients smiles they really love.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is today's most innovative and patient-friendly orthodontic system. Customized acrylic appliances safely and gently move teeth into healthier and more attractive positions without the obvious appearance of metal braces.
Perfect for teens and adults with active lifestyles, Invisalign aligners are completely removable, totally discreet and so thin only you and your dentist will know you are wearing them. During the short treatment time--typically about one year--you wear 18 to 30 aligner pairs, changing them every two weeks according to your care plan. Additionally, you check in at Finksburg Dental Associates about once a month to receive your next aligner pairs and for a quick check on how your smile is progressing.
How Invisalign works
Invisalign corrects a wide variety of smile alignment issues such as:
- Malocclusions (overbite, underbite, crossbite, openbite, shifted midline and more)
- Tooth tipping and rotation
- Protruding front teeth
A three-dimensional scan of your teeth, combined with your dentist's instructions, tells the Invisalign technician how to craft your aligners from special SmartTrack acrylic. Using the Invisalign Outcome Simulator, your dentist can show you how your smile will look as you progress through your treatment.
The benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits, including:
- Comfortable treatment because the aligners are super-thin, removable and very smooth
- Easy brushing and flossing (just remove the aligners, brush, floss and replace)
- Discreet appearance (the aligners are totally unnoticeable)
- Faster treatment time than conventional braces (9 to 18 months on average)
- Improved oral health (fewer cavities and gum problems over the long term)
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
Get the smile you want
Invisalign may be the way to your best smile. Call Finksburg Dental Associates today for an Invisalign consultation with one of our dentists. It's quick and very informative. Phone us at (410) 861-8900.
Bonding, whitening, contouring and more. There are so many cosmetic dentistry procedures, how can you know what's right for your smile? At Finksburg Dental Associates, your team of four dentists and their dedicated team craft healthy and spectacular smiles. Together, you'll arrive at the best possible treatment plan.
Think, discuss, plan
At Finksburg Dental Associates, cosmetic dentistry changes smiles and lives. But, to have that happen, you and your dentist must think about what changes you wish to make and how they'll happen.
For instance, you and your dentist will discuss things such as:
- Tooth color, shape, size, and alignment
- Specific defects such as cracks, craze lines, and chips
- Gum tissue (some people have too much or too little)
- Dental bite
Also, you'll undergo a complete exam, X-rays, photos and special imaging. With this information in hand, your dentist will outline a care plan, along with its timeline and costs. You can choose what services to do--one, some or all--and what will fit your budget and schedule.
What could your plan include?
Of course, it all depends on patient need and preference and what's actually possible. Common treatments include:
- Professional teeth whitening, an in-office or at-home service which bleaches deep enamel stains safely
- Enamel contouring, a gentle sanding and shaping to minimize small flaws, even out tooth length and change shape
- Composite resin bonding adds a mixture of plastic and glass to repair larger defects and restore tooth decay for a natural-looking and durable finish
- Porcelain veneers, customized ceramic laminates which disguise the front of teeth which have chips, cracks, gaps, and more
- Porcelain crowns, or caps, which shore up teeth harmed by deep decay, injury, or abscess (they also cover dental implants and support bridgework)
- Tooth replacements, such as dental implants, bridges, and dentures, to fill smile gaps and fully restore oral function and personal appearance
- Invisalign clear aligners, the quickest, most comfortable, and most discreet way to straighten teeth and correct dental bite (appropriate for older teenagers and adults)
It's up to you
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says research shows your smile is a highly personal and valuable asset. So, why not make the changes you desire so you can smile with confidence? At Finksburg Dental Associates, the professional team is ready to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and keep your smile healthy, too. Call today for a one-on-one consultation with one of our wonderful dentists in Finksburg, MD, at (410) 861-8900.