Posts for tag: Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Bonding, whitening, contouring and more. There are so many cosmetic dentistry procedures, how can you know what's right for your smile? At Finksburg Dental Associates, your team of four dentists and their dedicated team craft healthy and spectacular smiles. Together, you'll arrive at the best possible treatment plan.
Think, discuss, plan
At Finksburg Dental Associates, cosmetic dentistry changes smiles and lives. But, to have that happen, you and your dentist must think about what changes you wish to make and how they'll happen.
For instance, you and your dentist will discuss things such as:
- Tooth color, shape, size, and alignment
- Specific defects such as cracks, craze lines, and chips
- Gum tissue (some people have too much or too little)
- Dental bite
Also, you'll undergo a complete exam, X-rays, photos and special imaging. With this information in hand, your dentist will outline a care plan, along with its timeline and costs. You can choose what services to do--one, some or all--and what will fit your budget and schedule.
What could your plan include?
Of course, it all depends on patient need and preference and what's actually possible. Common treatments include:
- Professional teeth whitening, an in-office or at-home service which bleaches deep enamel stains safely
- Enamel contouring, a gentle sanding and shaping to minimize small flaws, even out tooth length and change shape
- Composite resin bonding adds a mixture of plastic and glass to repair larger defects and restore tooth decay for a natural-looking and durable finish
- Porcelain veneers, customized ceramic laminates which disguise the front of teeth which have chips, cracks, gaps, and more
- Porcelain crowns, or caps, which shore up teeth harmed by deep decay, injury, or abscess (they also cover dental implants and support bridgework)
- Tooth replacements, such as dental implants, bridges, and dentures, to fill smile gaps and fully restore oral function and personal appearance
- Invisalign clear aligners, the quickest, most comfortable, and most discreet way to straighten teeth and correct dental bite (appropriate for older teenagers and adults)
It's up to you
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says research shows your smile is a highly personal and valuable asset. So, why not make the changes you desire so you can smile with confidence? At Finksburg Dental Associates, the professional team is ready to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and keep your smile healthy, too. Call today for a one-on-one consultation with one of our wonderful dentists in Finksburg, MD, at (410) 861-8900.