You want a straight smile, to look and feel good and keep your oral health. Is orthodontic treatment possible for adults? Do you have to wear metal braces? Get your questions answered at Finksburg Dental Associates. Our team of dentists often uses Invisalign clear aligners to give teen and adult patients smiles they really love.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is today's most innovative and patient-friendly orthodontic system. Customized acrylic appliances safely and gently move teeth into healthier and more attractive positions without the obvious appearance of metal braces.
Perfect for teens and adults with active lifestyles, Invisalign aligners are completely removable, totally discreet and so thin only you and your dentist will know you are wearing them. During the short treatment time--typically about one year--you wear 18 to 30 aligner pairs, changing them every two weeks according to your care plan. Additionally, you check in at Finksburg Dental Associates about once a month to receive your next aligner pairs and for a quick check on how your smile is progressing.
How Invisalign works
Invisalign corrects a wide variety of smile alignment issues such as:
- Malocclusions (overbite, underbite, crossbite, openbite, shifted midline and more)
- Tooth tipping and rotation
- Protruding front teeth
A three-dimensional scan of your teeth, combined with your dentist's instructions, tells the Invisalign technician how to craft your aligners from special SmartTrack acrylic. Using the Invisalign Outcome Simulator, your dentist can show you how your smile will look as you progress through your treatment.
The benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits, including:
- Comfortable treatment because the aligners are super-thin, removable and very smooth
- Easy brushing and flossing (just remove the aligners, brush, floss and replace)
- Discreet appearance (the aligners are totally unnoticeable)
- Faster treatment time than conventional braces (9 to 18 months on average)
- Improved oral health (fewer cavities and gum problems over the long term)
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
Get the smile you want
Invisalign may be the way to your best smile. Call Finksburg Dental Associates today for an Invisalign consultation with one of our dentists. It's quick and very informative. Phone us at (410) 861-8900.